WHERE DO I GET FIBRE FROM?
Whole, unprocessed carbohydrates, such as vegetables, fruit, oats, nuts, seeds, etc.
WHY DO I NEED IT?
- Fibre aids overall digestive health
- Fibre promotes heart health & may lower cholesterol, blood pressure & blood sugar
- Fibre ferments in your gut and produces prebiotics, which feeds & promotes good bacteria
- Fibre makes you feel full and reduces cravings and overall calorie intake
- Fibre and healthy gut flora promote fat loss!!!
HOW CAN I GET ENOUGH?
Consume at least 8-12 grams of fibre in each of the three main meals of the day. Men require >30 grams per day, women require >25 grams.
The solution begins at breakfast. Starting your day with the right meal is the only way you will reach this goal. The breakfast outlined below is easy to prepare, 10-12g of fibre, antioxidants, calcium, protein, and it’s YUM!
CLASSIC BREKKY BOWL
2 dessertspoons of ‘The Muesli’
150g Natural yoghurt (or milk)
1 heaped dessertspn Peak Nutritionals WPI powder
Handful of fresh or frozen berries or cherries
Cinnamon to taste
Mix the first three ingredients together and add the berries/cinnamon. This can be made the night before for a bircher-style dish.
Tip: if you like it a little sweeter, try the Vanilla WPI rather than the Natural, or add a passionfruit to the mix.
The Muesli & Peak Nutritionals WPI are available at BURN LAB via Mr Ray’s Espresso or online.
For quantities appropriate for your body, please ask your trainer to print out your personalised Aston Rx menu planner…